Wednesday 12 July 2017

Ghost of London (The Future of London book 3) by Mark Gillespie

You might have read my reviews of L2011 and Mr Apocalypse by Mark Gillespie and seen that they both got 5 stars. I really enjoy these books and when I saw that part 3 was coming out I immediately put my order in for a copy. The third instalment didn't disappoint and also gets 5 stars.
Click the picture to take you to Amazon.

Discovering this writer and the future of London series has been one of my reviewing highlights of this year. As soon as part 3 was released I hot footed it to amazon to get a copy. So is it on a par with the previous two books? I think so. As before there is plenty of action and some nail-biting moments when the ghosts come on the scene. A truly terrifying gang that once a year hunts for its human food, from the amazing front cover you get a good image of what they look like. What makes this series so much fun is that it has it satirical roots firmly in our times. Social media and sensationalist TV productions are all lampooned. If I had one quibble with this book would be that it was too short. But having checked, it has 229 pages about the same as book 2, I just managed to devour it in record time. The book ends on an open note, so I hope Mr Gillespie is busy penning number four in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment